The position of Mechanic within our organisation requires the following attributes.
- Full mechanical qualification.
- Extensive mechanical knowledge to identify parts and ascertain whether they are functioning and able to be resold.
- The skill to dismantle vehicles meticulously so that the parts are saleable and warrantable.
- The ability to work unsupervised and efficiently.
- Adequate reading and writing skills to ensure parts are correctly identified for inventory system.
- A reasonable standard of physical fitness to be able to work on a hoist all day.
Why Choose Smart Parts
Smart Parts is an industry-leading Auto Dismantler of 4WD’s and Light Commercial Vehicles located in Ballarat, regional Victoria. The company has been in operation for over 10 yrs under the one owner, with over 40 yrs experience in the dismantling industry.
The business operates from a 13-acre site with a 5-acre undercover shed on concrete to store parts and vehicles ensuring our stock is in top condition.
We specialise in most makes of 4WD’s such as Toyota, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Ford, Holden and Nissan.
A comprehensive computer-based inventory system enables efficient management of available stock and fast, accurate response times to customer enquiries.
Smart Parts was awarded the inaugural VACC Auto Dismantler of the Year in 2017; an award we are immensely proud of.
As Australia’s largest 4WD and Light Commercial Auto Wrecker, we are able to supply customers the breadth of Australia. Over 20 courier services visit out premises each day to provide timely distribution of our parts.
All employment opportunities at Smart Parts require candidates to hold Australian work permits, a current driver’s license and possess strong written and verbal communication in English.